Airbrushing on Cakes
Suitable for beginners, or people who have never picked up and airbrush, or for students who want to ensure they have solid foundations.
Your tutor, Fred Crellin, is a fully trained and qualified teacher (PGCE) with over 25 years airbrush experience.
The classroom at our studio is equipped to cater for up to 6 students per class, with individual student 'bays' with extraction, airlines & daylight simulation lighting. A small onsight shop display area is also provided for those wanting to purchase goods.
|• Painting a seasonally themed cake (winter or summer) |
• Single Action Airbrush – how to use, purpose of airbrush, maintenance of the airbrush, a chance to try a variety of different makes of airbrushes
• Double Action Airbrush – how to use, purpose of airbrush, maintenance of the airbrush, a chance to try a variety of different makes of airbrushes
• Masking Techniques – a variety of exercises designed to encompass all forms of masking/template work including making your own stencils.
• How to fix mistakes when they arise
• How to avoid unwanted over spray when airbrushing on a 3D cake
• Food Colourant Viscosity and Air Pressures – essential knowledge for troublefree airbrushing
• Subtleties of airbrushing – how to create subtle tonal values onto a surface
• How to set up your studio/ kitchen
• How to plan your work and save time
|What is provided?|
|• Iced dummy cakes – three tiers, cake boards and cake boxes |
• All equipment – including paints, masking materials, and various different airbrushes
• Work books containing all notes and exercises for the course.
• Tea or Coffee throughout the day, with biscuits in the morning and cake in the afternoon
• Lunch – range of sandwiches and savouries.
• A certificate of attendance once you have fully completed the course.
• An opportunity to purchase airbrushes and equipment at discounted prices. We will supply all students with a discount code for purchases on the day and for any online orders for the next 12 months.
Course Dates - please hover over